Your right to privacy is very important. Scothosts Internet (referred to below as "we" or "us") recognise that when you choose to provide us
with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help us provide you with a better
service. That's why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information.
By using this website, you give your consent that all personal data you submit may be processed in the manner and for the purposes described below.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is Scothosts Limited with registered office at 3 St Davids Business
Park, Dalgety Bay, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 9PF, Scotland.
1) What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about You:
- Details of transactions You carry out through our website and the fulfillment of your order. When making a purchase with Scothosts Internet, we will collect your
contact information, which includes name, address, email address and phone number, as well as payment information
- When you become a Scothosts Internet customer you automatically subscribe to electronic newsletter and special offer promotions. You can adjust your email preferences
and/or unsubscribe from certain communications via your Scothosts Internet Control Panel
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Other information to help us provide you with improved services
- We may also collect information from the cardholder if another member of your household
2) How we use your information
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the website and services
- To provide customer care
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis
- To notify you about changes to our website and services
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contact for such
3) With who is the information shared?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Any cardholder who has purchased services on your behalf
- Any employees, agents or service providers of Scothosts Internet to deal with any accounts or to deliver specific services to you.
- Any associated company who are our business partners and/or with whom we work.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or
assets, subject to their entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings.
- If Scothosts Internet or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of
the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Scothosts
Internet, our customers, or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud
protection, credit risk reduction and dispute policies.
process. These cookies do not track individual information. Cookies from Scothosts Internet can only be read by Scothosts Internet. You may refuse to accept cookies
by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain
system will issue cookies when you log on to our website.
If you do nothing other than read pages or download information while using this web site, we will capture and store information about your visit. This information
will not identify you; it relates to:
- the Internet domain (e.g. www.company.co.uk) and IP address from which you access the web site
- the type of browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape) and operating system (Windows, UNIX) you use
- the date and time of your visit
- the pages you visit
- the address of the web site from which you linked to us (if applicable).
We use this information to make each visit more rewarding, and to provide us with information to help improve our service. We do not know (and do not want to know)
the identities of people who visit us in this way.
For further information about cookies, you may like to visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
5) Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers in the UK. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Credit card numbers are used for processing
payment only and are not retained for marketing purposes.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password
confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot
guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures
and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Scothosts Internet may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third
party sites. Any information You supply on such sites will not be within our control.
7) How can you update the personal information you have provided to us?
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your address, title, phone number or e-mail address. You can do this
by updating your personal details from within your Scothosts Internet Control Panel.
8) Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to
use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing
by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject
to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
9) Contact Us
Please e-mail any questions or comments you have about privacy to us at email@example.com
Please note: by signing up for any of our services you agree to be bound by all Scothosts Internet terms and conditions.